Future Skills Prime is a comprehensive program which is designed by Nasscom & MeitY of India and operated by edcast to train IT population on next wave of hot skills like AI, IOT, RPA, Big Data Analytics, 3D Printing, Social & Mobile, Virtual Reality & Cloud Computing. Launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Feb 19, 2018 The MeitY backed program believes that The IT-ITeS industry is in the middle of a massive disruption by these emerging technologies.
Of the 4.5 m people employed in the industry today, 1.5 – 2 m are expected to require Re-skilling in the next 4-5 years. The problem is too large to be handled alone and needs a collaborative industry level response. This industry driven learning Eco-system is FutureSkills. Unlike y2k & Subprime market issues we are better taken care thankfully this time industry is well aware and is preparing well with technology to honour this change in fact we have seen how industry has adopted new method of training people during this pandemic lockdowns.
Important points about Future Skills:
- FurtureSkills is now a complete B2B platform called FutureSkills Prime.
- The platform is developed by EdCast which is an AI-Powered Knowledge Cloud for Unified Discovery, Knowledge Management and Personalized Learning.
- The idea is to use the existing content available on web, curate it and get it delivered through global Learning and content providers. It has over 1000+ hrs of FREE content curated from platforms like YouTube, Ted, DataCamp, Pinterest etc
- There are 10 Skills covered for this initiative and they are: Cyber Security, Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Social & Mobile, Virtual Reality, Cloud Computing, 3D Printing, Block Chain, Big Data Analytics & Robotic Process Automation
- Currently it is Phase 1 and courses/modules are available through NASSCOM member IT & ITES companies like TCS, Cognizant, Google, Oracle, Adobe, IBM, Accenture, Genpact, Mindtree, Wipro, Infosys, Tech Mahindra etc,
- A special interest group of these companies have contributed to content and modules these people are visible in your dashboard of course you select after completion of the module or skill you will get a certificate.
So if you are working for any of these companies go and log on through them or just inquire with them when are they enabling it for you. In Phase 2 they will go directly to all of us and may be there exist a nominal fees to upkeep the platform but courses would be free.
I am predicting that this platform will be the main focus from Industry in 2019-20 where each participating company would be interested to reskill their workforce and turn around good numbers using this platform for the world. This is going to put Indian IT industry in a better position for sure. Here is the link to know more about this program: click here
Other Details you might be interested:
What is FutureSkills Prime?
The B2B FutureSkills model has been extended to cater to the re-skilling/ up-skilling needs of individuals through a B2C offering – FutureSkills Prime.
The platform would provide interested candidates with multiple options for their skilling needs. Through this platform, learners can exit at multiple points in their learning journey. They can earn badges for digital fluency, earn certificates from courses aligned to the government-approved curriculum, go through blended learning from key program partners like CDAC/NEILIT and complete bridge and foundations course.
How this program will be implemented?
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister had approved the proposal of the Department of Commerce to give focussed attention to twelve identified Champion Services Sectors for promoting their development and realising their potential. IT and ITeS Services is one of the identified champion service sectors under the umbrella scheme titled Champion Service Sector scheme (‘CSSS’). This scheme is proposed to be implemented as a new Central Sector Scheme under the CSSS by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) being the Nodal Ministry for IT-ITeS Services. The scheme would be jointly implemented by MeitY and NASSCOM.
1 thought on “What is Future Skills Prime by Govt of India?”